Tax investigations service: protection from HMRC investigation
For many years, HMRC enquiries have been better targeted and focused, as well as being undertaken with an unprecedented level of detail and persistence. In 2019/20, the total tax revenue increased by £8.8bn to £636.7bn with compliance activity yielding £34.1bn – a 1.4% increase in additional tax on 2018/19.
The cost of defending yourself professionally is potentially huge – enquiries are taking longer and the defence costs are increasing. Even when the outcome of the enquiry results in no adjustments to your tax position, the cost of the defence can be just as expensive.
We provide valuable tax investigations service which enables us to defend you in the unfortunate case that you are selected for an enquiry, without you worrying about the cost.
Taking out tax investigations protection allows us to:
- Provide you with full representation and challenge HMRC’s arguments
- Ensure that you have a robust defence based on the facts, not your ability to afford a defence
- Put you on an equal footing with HMRC from the start
- Protect your work by achieving a fair enquiry outcome without facing an unwanted accountancy bill
- Protect you for any investigations into approved Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Self-Employment Income Support Scheme payments*, as well as gift aid cover and Stamp Duty Land Tax and its regional equivalents
- 24-hour access to a business legal helpline. Available 365 days a year, a team of qualified solicitors can assist with employment law, health and safety and commercial matters.
- Law Hub provides practical DIY templates and guidance on everyday legal issues around employment, health and safety, trading and contracts, cyber and data, debt and insolvency.
Speak to us today
For more information on our tax investigation service, please contact us.
* If an enquiry into an approved COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme grant or Self Employed Income Support Scheme payment is carried out by HMRC, using their Information and inspection powers contained with Schedule 36 FA 2008, this is included in the service, subject to usual Terms and Conditions.
Our tax investigations service is fully backed by an Insurance Policy, which we have taken out with Markel Tax.